Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Smart


This is not a smart thing to do, if someone decides to move the tank, he's screwed. Reminds me of this time when I was stationed at Fort Polk Louisiana. We pulled into an assembly area and set up for the night, I had a hammock that I slept in and this night I tied one end of it to a tree and the other end to the fender of the tank, it was fairly comfortable and soon I was sleeping peacefully. Some time after midnight I woke up because I couldn't breathe, as soon as I woke up I realized that the tank was moving and that my hammock was stretched tight and squeezing me, luckily the end tied to the tank broke and I hit the ground rather than get dragged into the tracks. Turns out that the First Sergeant had shown up with fuel and my crew decided to let me sleep while they took the tank to get topped off, seems that they forgot that I had secured my hammock to the fender. They say that God takes care of drunks and fools and thankfully I qualify on both counts.